The MacGlide Festival of Sails returns to Steampacket Gardens this summer with a smorgasboard of experiences for the whole family. Starting Saturday 25th of January, this event is not to be missed.
Away from the sailing action on the water, locals and tourists alike are encouraged to soak up the atmosphere along the Geelong waterfront with the Waterfront Festival, presented by Geelong Connected Communities, to bring Steampacket Gardens, the Royal Geelong Yacht Club, Fairnie Park and Eastern Beach to life.
The MacGlide Festival of Sails will be held in Geelong from January 25 to 27, 2020.
As many as 30 acts, including many local artists, will perform during the festival from stages in both the Regatta Village in the Royal Geelong Yacht Club grounds and Steampacket Gardens, along the Geelong Waterfront. Entry is free for all entertainment.
Festival goers can also stock up on fine food and wine and arts and crafts and enjoy hands-on experiences with exciting activations across the three days including Come and Try sailing and virtual sailing.
WHAT’S ON AT EACH LOCATION
Steampacket Gardens will have something for everyone during the three-day MacGlide Festival of Sails.
Performances from the Geelong Advertiser main stage on Steampacket Gardens’ will include popular children’s act The Mik Maks, 2011 Australia’s Got Talent winner and 2019 Voice contestant Jack Vidgen. Other highlights will include Melbourne singer Jael Wena, 13, who represented Australia at the 2018 Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Belarus, the all-female soul band Sweethearts, along with the Royal Australian Navy Band.
Saturday, 25 January 2020 – Entertainment from midday to 9pm – MacGlide Festival of Sails
- Noon – 1pm – Stars Down Under Water Ski and Stunt Show (on water)
- 1pm – 2pm – The Mik Maks
- 2pm – 2:30pm – Plugga Golf/Australia Day Games
- 2:30pm – 3:15pm – Jael Wena
- 3:15pm to 4:15pm – Stars Down Under Water Ski and Stunt Show (on water)
- 4:15pm – 5:15pm – Libby Steel
- 5:45pm – 7pm – Jack Vidgen
- 7pm – 8pm – Stars Down Under Water Ski and Stunt Show (on water)
- 8pm – 9pm – Safari Motel, with guest Ivan
Sunday, 26 January 2020 – Entertainment from noon to 9.30pm
- Noon to 1pm – Stars Down Under Water Ski and Stunt Show (on water)
- 1pm – 2pm – Royal Australian Navy
- 2:30pm – 3:30pm – Royal Australian Navy
- 3:30pm – 4:30pm – Stars Down Under Water Ski and Stunt Show (on water)
- 4:30pm – 5:15pm – Sweethearts
- 5:45pm – 6:30pm – Sweethearts
- 6:30pm – 7:30pm – Stars Down Under Water Ski and Stunt Show (on water)
- 7:30pm – 8:45pm – AYDAN
- 9:15pm – 9:30pm – Fireworks display
For more information visit:
Festival of Sails